Thursday, November 8, 2012

No one ever told me...

No one ever told me...


1.  How little sleep you get as a momma!  I am exhausted, and it has caused me to be impatient and grumpy.  Especially daunting to working Mommas who wake up every three hours at night, and yet are required to wake up and perform as a professional....

 which brings me to my next point...

2.  How hard it is to wear so many "hats".  I wear a Momma hat, wife hat, teacher hat, family hat, etc.  It is difficult because when you wear so many hats, you fail to do well at any of them.  The perfectionist in me hates that I am only surviving being a Momma, wife, sister, daughter, and teacher.  I am not excelling or even feel successful at any of them.  

My advice:  One day at a time.  I have found great refuge in good friends and help.  Matt has really stepped up to being a great help!  He puts the baby to sleep, takes the late shift at night so I can get some rest, my school has blessed me with allowing me to come in late or leave early, Grandparents have given Matt and I date nights, relatives and friends come over and allow me to rest.  Take help and do not feel bad or regrettable in taking help.  Be humble!

3.  After birth, your lady parts and breasts are everyone's business.  Aside from the 12 people that watched me push my baby out, I do not even bat an eye when I have to breastfeed in the car or in front of strangers.  No more dignity.

4.  How frustrating babies can be.  I have yelled more than once "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?".  Your biggest desire is to provide what your baby needs, and fix any problems they have, which is hard to fulfill if you have no idea what they need or want at any particular point.  It is not their fault they can not tell you, and not your fault you do not know what they want.  It is almost an accidental miscommunication you cannot fix.  Very frustrating.

My advice:  Pray first!  Still frustrated?  Walk away and ask your husband or someone to take him for a little.  It is okay to admit defeat.  

5.  How important a support group or a good website is.  You need support and information!  If you have the time, find a Mommas play group or support group to become part of!  Being able to relate and talk through problems is important in being a self-assessing and growing Momma.  

My Advice:  Maybe I take being a Mom too professionally, but being a Mom is the most important job I will ever have!  If I do not have an answer I will Google, ask questions, and search until I have advice.  

I LOVE the website: www.babycenter.com  You can put in the birthdate of the baby and they will send updates, milestones, and activities to do with baby.  I also have the app   






That's all for now.  I am hoping to upload a video of Micah soon and talk about our journey. It's been a strange one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment