Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Hardest Part

I am HUGE!  Here is a picture to prove it:


This is me at 38 weeks.  




The last few weeks have proven to be the hardest for me.  I am having trouble sleeping, and I am constantly tired.  I have swollen feet and fingers.  I waddle like a penguin.  BUT it is all worth it in the end..... right?  :)  


Micah has officially "dropped".  I can breath better, but now my ribs and bladder has become his constant squeeze toys.   


My emotions are a mixed variety of anxious, worried, humbled, petrified, excited, elated, nervous, scared, ready....   


We are packed and ready for the hospital.  Brandon and Jessica gave me a really neat "kit" for the hospital that included all necessary items from hair ties to sweets to pack too!  Thank you!   


I have stopped reading any books or articles because I find myself becoming overwhelmed with new information at this point, and I am too tired to read by the time I get home from work.  I often take a "cat nap" as the hubby makes dinner.  


I am thankful for a loving husband that bothers me about practicing my breathing, doing Kegal exercises, and wearing tenni shoes instead of my vain attempts with flats.  He even puts up with my "nesting" :)  


Talking about nesting, the nursery is complete!  Take a look:













   I can't wait for my nursery to smell like a baby! :)  

I am blessed with my Mom willing to stay with me several days after I bring baby home!  I will be grateful for a experienced helper with the baby, not to mention help with catching up with the daily chores.  Thank you Mommy!  

I might even be a Mother on Mother's Day this year! 





2 comments:

  1. You are almost there! Yes, the last few weeks are difficult and yes it IS worth every ache and every missed minute of sleep. When they place Micah in your arms, it will all fade away faster than you can possibly imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda sweetheart, my first "Co", I am so excited along with you, you are so close!!! :o) Baby's room is so cute, good nesting momma bird! Hang in there these last weeks (and maybe he'll decide to come a week or so early and save you from suffering too much longer, mine both did!), and be glad you will be done with being pregnant before the hot summer weather hits! :o)

    ReplyDelete